Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

Fair warning, I don't usually read true romance novels. They're just not my style. Occasionally I'll pick one up, but usually I'll read books from other genres, like science fiction or fantasy, that have a romance tied into the plot. So, some of the books on my list are true romance, while others are not.

  1. The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks: No list about romances would be complete without The Notebook. It is the mother of all romances. Anyone would kill to have a romance as epic as Ally and Noah's. It's just a fact of life.
  2. Any Novel by Jane Austen:  Jane Austen knew how to write good romance. And, each one of her novels sucks you in with the characters' witty charm. Personally, my favorite is Pride and Prejudice, but any of them are wonderful.
  3. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger: It takes true devotion to wait your entire life for someone, which is exactly what Clare does in The Time Traveler's Wife. She is always waiting for Henry, and through it all, she never loses her love for him.
  4. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern: This is one of my favorite books ever. A touch of mystery gives the love story depth while the magic of the Night Circus makes Celia and Marco's romance unforgettable and unlike any other. 
  5. The Wolves of Mercy Falls Series by Maggie Stiefvater: As far as supernatural love stories go, this one is one of my favorites. I love the characters and the unpredictability of the plot. Maggie Stiefvater knows how to take aspects of real life and romance and blend them with fantasy to make a story that is truly unique. 
  6. Twilight by Stephanie Meyer: Get out the torches and the pitchforks...Twilight has made my top ten list of romances. Say what you want about the Twilight series--I certainly have my fair share of negative comments--but, let's face it, Twilight has a few moments that make your heart go a-flutter.
  7. My Most Excellent Year by Steve Kluger: This book isn't exactly an epic love story, but it does have cute romantic moments, and I love how each of the characters comes alive. It's definitely a good read.
  8. Dash and Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan: This is another not-so-epic love story. However, I really enjoyed the premise of the book. The idea of passing a book of dares back and forth with a potential love interest is intriguing and unique.
  9. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith: This book tackles the idea of love at first sight. Although I found some aspects of the story a bit unbelievable (I'm a bit cynical), it's still a cute love story.
  10. Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare: I wasn't sure if I want to include this book, but I'm going to include it anyway because I can't think of another book to put on the list. Romeo and Juliet seems to be synonymous with romance. And, it is a good love story even though it's tragic and Romeo is kind of a player.
There's my list. Which romantic novels would you recommend?



Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.