Top Ten Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

Choose your own topic?! What?! This week I decided to list some of my favorite quotes from books. This topic is partly inspired by The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. I just finished reading it (it's amazing by the way; go read it immediately), and I was blown away by how many great lines are in the book. It's very rare for me to stop while I'm reading and think, "That's a really great line," so for that to happen to me multiple times while reading a book must be a sign from the universe (and we all know how much the universe wants to be noticed). So, here's my list of top ten favorite book quotes.

  1. "My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations." - John Green, The Fault in Our Stars
  2. "We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided . . . Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open." - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
  3. "I believe the universe wants to be noticed. I think the universe is improbably biased toward consciousness, that it rewards intelligence in part because the universe enjoys its elegance being observed. And who am I, living in the middle of history, to tell the universe that it--or my observation of it--is temporary?" - John Green, The Fault in Our Stars
  4. "Real courage is when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what." - Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird
  5. "All endings are also beginnings. We just don't know it at the time." - Mitch Albom, The Five People You Meet in Heaven
  6. "The greatest adventure is what lies ahead." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit
  7. "What I need is the dandelion in the spring. The bright yellow that means rebirth instead of destruction. The promise that life can go on, no matter how bad our losses. That it can be good again." - Suzanne Collins, Mockingjay
  8. "Sometimes you make choices in life and sometimes choices make you." - Gayle Forman, If I Stay
  9. "I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." - Douglas Adams, The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul
  10. "I know who I was when I got up this morning, but I think I must have changed several times since then." - Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass







6 Comments

  1. I love quotes! Seriously if a quote is epic enough I write it out and tape it to my bedroom wall. Great list I especially love that Hobbit quote and of course the two Fault in Our stars qoutes! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant quotes. I love the Harry Potter quote in particular.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this topic! I adore quotes, I would cover all of my walls with them if I could, and I felt exactly the same way about TFIOS - such good writing I had to stop every now and then and just, "wow".

    My TTT: http://confessionsofabookgeek.wordpress.com/2014/05/27/top-ten-tuesday-remembering-alfie/

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great selections. You could do a list with Dumbledore quotations alone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always want to be the type of reader who saves quotes, but I never do. Thanks for being that reader and sharing these! ~Megan
    http://wp.me/pzUn5-212

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh - such a fabulous idea for a list. How did you ever narrow it down?

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.